posted on 18 Aug 2012 22:15 by tanatoblog in Into
Hi!, My name is Mido'
Today, I'll talking about the Problem Gambling or Ludomania
Problem gambling, or ludomania, is an urge to continuously gamble despite harmful negative consequences or a desire to stop. Problem gambling often is defined by whether harm is experienced by the gambler or others, rather than by the gambler's behavior. Severe problem gambling may be diagnosed as clinical pathological gambling if the gambler meets certain criteria. Pathological gambling is a common disorder that is associated with social costs, and family. The condition is classified as an impulse control disorder, although similarities exist with other disorders, it is particularly similar to substance addictions. Although the term gambling addiction is used in the recovery movement, pathological gambling is considered by theAmerican Psychiatric Association to be an impulse control disorder rather than an addiction.
- Preoccupation. The subject has frequent thoughts about gambling experiences, whether past, future, or fantasy.
- Tolerance. As with drug tolerance, the subject requires larger or more frequent wagers to experience the same "rush".
- Withdrawal. Restlessness or irritability associated with attempts to cease or reduce gambling.
- Escape. The subject gambles to improve mood or escape problems.
- Chasing. The subject tries to win back gambling losses with more gambling.
- Lying. The subject tries to hide the extent of his or her gambling by lying to family, friends, or therapists.
- Loss of control. The person has unsuccessfully attempted to reduce gambling.
- Illegal acts. The person has broken the law in order to obtain gambling money or recover gambling losses. This may include acts of theft, embezzlement, fraud, or forgery.
- Risked significant relationship. The person gambles despite risking or losing a relationship, job, or other significant opportunity.
- Bailout. The person turns to family, friends, or another third party for financial assistance as a result of gambling.
See?... The gambling is not good for everyone.
So, We have to stop it now!
Thank you for read and comment.
edit @ 20 Aug 2012 18:55:30 by + * / MIDORI NEKO \ * +
edit @ 20 Aug 2012 18:56:25 by + * / MIDORI NEKO \ * +
edit @ 20 Aug 2012 20:07:40 by + * / MIDORI NEKO \ * +
edit @ 20 Aug 2012 20:38:15 by + * / MIDORI NEKO \ * +